Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
Who doesn't like a customized gift? ...I do!
My little sister, Mariela (from Ela Design), graduated from college this weekend so I decided to give her as a present, a handmade illustrated cup with ballons.
"Chimikui by Aquarela" made the design illustration (find more pictures of her work on this last year's post)...and I was so happy with the outcome. Aquarela (the designer) really captured what I wanted to express; and Mariela loved it too.
So, mission accomplish! :)
Friday, July 27, 2012
1. Remember I told you we were going to shoot Ela's new lookbook last weekend? Well, this is the result, view more HERE!
2. If this is true, I've been extremely "happy" this week. Find quotes to get inspired every morning.
3. Experimenting with fruit: Sweet topping for a grapefruit... it sounds delicious and healthy!
4.Your all-white apartment or bedroom is kind of boring? Make an interior color party!
5. There is always something special about up-view images. I personally love to visualize different angles of a scenery. Follow my "Up View" board on pinterest.
6. My cousin, Cynthia went Thailand and she pinned these amazing photos, hopefully next time I will go too!
7. Who said you should have a simple/ normal/ cliché wedding invitations? Try something fun; a graphic and bold invitation that will make your guests eager to save the date.
More from "Loving this week" series: HERE
Thursday, July 26, 2012
However, I couldn't resist to take this image, a delicions Raspberry&Chocolate Mini Tarts, as my inspiration for this week style look.
Key words: sweet, smooth, texture, feminine.
Color palette: a delicate combination of neutrals and soft pinks, mixed with a bright red to turn on the volume.
The look: a girly/ lady-like outfit, perfect for a night out or a formal occasion.
For more "Style by Inspiration" looks go HERE
Top cover image: HERE
Outfit image: HERE
Monday, July 23, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
1. Gifts should be special, I'm learning how to customize gift packages.
2. We are shooting Ela Design's new catalogue this weekend... Moodboard? B-E-A-CH!
3. Thinking about doing a butterflies' mural on my wall...
4. Santo Domingo is on fire, it's so hot! Let's make popsicles recipes. Yummy!
5. Lately, I getting my hair twisted in braids... as you can see HERE and HERE.
6. I love to re-decorate spaces! Have you seen Urban Outfitter's new home catalogue? Now, I want an apartment to play!
Wish you all a happy weekend!
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
There is a new segment on the blog, it's called "Style by Inspiration". Every week (well.. I'll try!) I will find an image for inspiration, it could be anything or everything; a interior, or a poster, or a postcard, or a dessert, etc, ect. Then, I will analyze the image through some key words that will help me describe the atmosphere or feeling. In addiction, I will make a color palette extracting the hues from the photograph. At the end, all these elements will be useful to create an outfit style.
I'm pretty excited about this project, it's a good exercise to find inspiration and think outside of the box. Also, if you are not good with color or pattern combinations, this is a good way to start.
top image: HERE
style outfit: HERE
Monday, July 16, 2012
How was your weekend? On friday I went to The Hippie Nerd runway show and then, to an after party with Dj Cassian (he is kind of "famous", but I didn't know who he was.. oops!) :)Then, after my "wild night" as a party girl, I decided that saturday and sunday were going to be easy and calm. I stayed home and watched a buch of tv series and movies, nothing better than a lazy weekend.ps. I did some street style shoots for The Key Item .. check them out HEREpss. If you were wondering what I was wearing, here are the credits: dress: Zara // earrings: Ela Design // shoes: SemaRDpsss. If you were wondering what we were drinking, it was Beringer! The new wine in town, I just loved those little bottles! <3
Friday, July 13, 2012
1. I don't want straight hair, so I'm taking Jerry Hall as inspiration.
2. I started the gym, DIET-MODE...I'm drinking a lot of water, but I would like to eat more interesting healthy food.
3. Quoting the Bible is alway good with breakfast.
4. Ombre hair is very trendy, but what about if we try a degradé purple color?
5. My favorite effect, forever and ever.
6. Looking for cool accessories for your hair? check out Ban.do
7. Searching inspiration for a shooting ... flower overdose, maybe?
Thursday, July 12, 2012
People say there are two versions of every story (sometimes even more!), the same goes for fashion. A piece will always have the possibility to combine, emphasize or complete a look in several ways. Above, I showed you some ideas of how to play remix in your closet, and create different looks that can vary according to the occasion using the same items over and over again. What so you think? Are you ready to use the technique of fashion remix?
Dicen que existen dos versiones de una historia (muchas veces hasta mas!), lo mismo sucede con la moda. Un pieza siempre tendrá la posibilidad de combinar, resaltar o completar un look de varias maneras. Aquí te muestro algunas ideas de como jugar al remix en tu armario, y crear diferentes looks que pueden variar según la ocasión usando las mismas piezas una y otra vez. ¿Qué dices? ¿Lista para usar la técnica del fashion remix?
Todas las piezas disponible en SemaRD
Photography: Joanne Torres
Styling/Post-production: Nathalia Medina
Model: Ivana Then
Friday, July 6, 2012
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Elsa Schiaparelli's visored evening cap from 1949 [left]…and Miuccia Prada's FW2010//11 eyebrow glasses [right].
Penelope Tree by Richard Avedon for American Vogue in 1968 [left]... and a Peter Lindbergh picture of Giselle Bündchen in the April 2009 issue of Harper's Bazaar [right].
Monsieur Yves Saint Laurent wearing a cute little crochet vest in his home in Paris in 1970 [left]... Moschino Cheap and Chic's collection for FW2012//13 [right].
Jean Shrimpton photographed in 1966 by Irving Penn [left]... and a picture taken by Richard Bush featuring Abbey Lee Kershaw in the september issue 2011 of iD magazine [right].
Vogue UK by David Montgomery's dress with a macro-flower print [left]... and an outfit from the FW 2012//13 collection of Marni [right].
Wallis Simpson in Elsa Schiaparelli, photographed by Cecil Beaton in 1937 for Vogue [left]...and a design from Prada's SS//2011 collection, photographed by David Sims [right].
F.C. Gundlach in 1966 in Gizah for German magazine 'Brigitte" [left] ... Cacharel accessories in the FW 2012//13 show.
They say that great minds think alike, and there is not exception when we talk about fashion. Today's fashion is and will always be inspired by the past. Fashion repeats itself over and over again, this is not a big secret. I love this website called, Into the Fashion, edited by Diana Murek, this blog analyzes current fashion trends, sources of inspirations and similarities within collections... pretty cool, huh?, so if you were wondering where and how the designers/stylists find their inspiration, this site will give you an idea. And if you want to know more about trend forecasting, check out Diana's posts on Grazia.it.
images via: into the fashion
Monday, July 2, 2012
A new month. A new week. Almost, 6 months ago I moved back home, immediately I needed a space to work, create and be inspired; I took my oldest sister's room as my little office (well, until she gets back from Barcelona). I've had a lot of workspaces in the last couple of years, six to be exact (2 in art school, 2 in college and 2 after college...as you can see, I have moved a lot!). I would love to have my own long-term studio, it would be so nice... but until that day comes, I created this little colorful-space. I'm so excited because I'm working on new projects and ideas for my future and for this blog... Stay tuned!
Happy new week!